Recently we were asked to think about assimilating our kids-focused brand onto YouTube. This was a hot topic with our marketing, brand and community departments. The fact that it raised such a fuss begged further thought on the topic. So, I brainstormed some considerations and thought processes that should happen before jumping into any project of this sort, especially when the audeince is children. This isn’t an exhaustive list, of course, and I would love any feedback or dialougue on confusing points. Thanks. – Joi
– Reasoning/ Assumptions/ Scenarios
– Age demographic
– Promotion of presence/ content
– Goals/ Success Measures
– Go/No Go/Stop Criteria
– Revisit the idea schedule
– Worries/ Concerns
– Worst Cases
– Buy In form Internal Staff – Brand,Community
– communication plans
– People are searching or could search on video network for our content
– why are they searching?
– who is searching?
– how are they searching?
– key words
– after specifc media releases?
– seasons (fall/winter)?
– how often are they searching?
– where are they searching?
– what are they searching for?
– how many people are searching?
– what are they using the content for?
– how many is the success measure?
– how/who will maintain?
– # of users/views
– # of favorited’s
– # of reviews/comments
– search words
– traffic to main site
– uses of content
– viral reach
– rank of page on other network
– # of users/views/uses
– conversion to our site traffic
– positive feedback
– # of users using content
Go/No Go/ Stop Criteria
– not hitting success measures after certain period of time
– No staff to manage/track/report
– # of bad reviews/uses of content
– will defame content
– will associate with non-brand caliber objects
– Not our target demographic
– copyright issues
– control of use
– kids giving bad info
– associating the corporate brand with other social network content
– noone managing the following