I called it at least 6 months ago, possibly a year ago. But I will put it here in writing for proof: Bebo is the “next big social network”. That’s right. I said it. Hopefully I am not wrong, as I hate being wrong. But I think I am right here. And Molly Wood from CNET’s Buzz Out Loud apparently said the same thing as well.
You want proof of my prophecy? Well, the tea leaves show:
- Nice user interface that feels like a mashup of Facebook and Myspace.
- although virb.com is much nicer in this space, they don’t have the critical mass in users yet.
- Community voice that is a little snarky, but not to an annoying degree.
- Rates of growth that are equal to or greater than Facebook
- Itunes integration coming soon
- Proof of concept is strong in Ireland and England where market penetration is rather high in the teen/early-twenties demo.
So, if I am wrong, it won’t be the first time. But signs are pointing toward it.
I’m on there at http://fizmo.bebo.com
Blogged with Flock