I know it’s been a while since I posted. My new job has me busy working now. Not that strategizing isn’t working, but the next phases are more resource intensive and allow less time for blogging.
That said, I am researching production blogs now, especially aniamtion/cartoon ones. If you know of any more, let me know. Also, any production blogs in video games, virtual worlds and toys would be great, too.
Frederator Studios – http://newtoons.frederator.com/
• Industry Veteran Fred Seibert (Hanna Barbera) started his own company a couple years ago with a main teme of get the word out for free no matter how. They have tons of tangent video casts, etc and multiple posters. Their posting frequency is a bit high for me, but a great animators blog.
Yo Gabba Gabba – http://brobee.blogspot.com/
• One of my favorite preschool properties that I have been tracking since 2005. The production blog is a mix of animation, behind the scenes with eccentric staff and fan submissions. They also use an open blogging tool (Blogger)
Wow Wow Wubbzy – http://wubby.typepad.com/wubby/
• Another property that implemented a production blog early in their development and allowed us to track progress until they went on air and then after. They also use an open tool (Typepad).
The Muppet Newsflash – http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/
• Older property that is using new techniques to keep fans up to date on property news. As their franchise is much older and more established, their updates are more on the caliber of new DVDs and Macy’s Thanksgiving float announcements, but the tone is the same as the others – light, excited and fan-centric. They also use an open tool for posting.
South Park – http://www.southparkstudios.com/rss/
• An old intern of mine is now one of the PA updaters on this blog. Not one of my favorites due to tone, content and length of posts, but worth looking at for reference on scope of production blogs in this industry.
Blogged with Flock