The new report from interFUEL draws from the hands-on experience of this interactive agency which has created virtual worlds and online content for Shining Stars, Nickelodeon, MTV and Sesame Street. It pinpoints seven must-have features for a virtual world that will truly engage kids, tweens, and teens:
- Mom’s approval, since the ultimate decision to admit a child rests with the parents.
- Safety, under the law, and in the eyes of parents and children.
- Fun, fun, fun!
- Fresh content, so that visiting the world becomes part of a child’s routine.
- Ways to connect and socialize with other kids.
- A feeling of control over the child’s appearance, personal space, and resources.
- Means to encourage self-expression.
Thanks to John at Red Knight Learning for giving me a heads up on this.
Blogged with Flock