My professional experience is a patchwork of seemingly disparate projects, that when seen comprehensively create an impressive quilt of new media business expertise.
I am a data & results driven Digital Media Influencer with over 20 years of experience in engagement, family marketing, scaling infrastructure and audience culture across a product’s lifetime from pre-launch to millions of users.
Strategic Vision & Business Development:
• Consulted on digital marketing & operations in the nonprofit, e-commerce and financial sectors and articulated data-driven interactive strategies and safety/privacy compliance practices for dozens of children’s entertainment properties.
• Served on governing boards of multiple nonprofit and educational organizations, focusing on advocacy, fundraising, financial accountability, as well as local community and government outreach activities in an effort to increase both unrestricted & project focused funds.
Team Management & Relationship Building:
• Designed team management & organizational structures for multiple Web Content and Web Marketing departments including international remote teams of staff in North & South America, Europe and Asia.
• Managed teams in multiple disciplines, including customer service, social media engagement, production, moderation, marketing, design, tech development, lead generation, sales and human resources.
• Extensive client, vendor and partner management experience in television, licensing, digital, e-commerce & customer service industries.
User Engagement & Audience Research:
• Grew audiences for multiple brands in varying demographics from pre-launch to tens of millions by using data-driven marketing tactics and instituting respectful customer engagement.
• Devised domestic and international audience research programs, both on and offline, for both adult and children audiences, while generating and maintaining customer feedback mechanisms for cross functional teams.
• Developed communication plans for primary & secondary audiences to assure continued compliance to international data privacy laws, as well as internal brand and safety guidelines that I produced.
Production & Project Management:
• Developed multiple 2D & 3D multi-player virtual worlds, online games & apps based on repurposed/original assets
• Produced 12 animated 2-minute shorts for broadcast on television & developed animation production department workflows
• Launched multiple major website redesigns to include more fan interaction
• Led workflow & process optimization teams to improve operational effectiveness/productivity.
I have spent the last 20 years working in all facets of the digital world, from content/brand development and production to leading international support, moderation, community and social teams. My initiatives have included work for Showtime, NFL, PBS Kids, The Wharton School, National Geographic Animal Jam, Moshi Monsters, Chuggington, Highlights for Children, and many others.
I began championing and implementing data privacy and online safety compliance around COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) in 1999 while monitoring networks at both Kidfu, a safe online community for children that I co-founded in 2001, and FreeZone, one of the first safe online communities for children.
My academic career was spent working in the quantitative methods around sociology and I have been fortunate to apply many of the core learnings from those years into business analytics roles with my various clients. I earned degrees in mathematics and women’s studies from Arizona State University and a master’s degree in social science from the University of Chicago.
I am pretty easy to locate on the internet, just search my unique name. 🙂