Hi, I’m Joi.
My professional experience is a patchwork of seemingly disparate projects, that when seen comprehensively create an impressive quilt of new media business expertise.
I am a data & results driven Digital Media Influencer with over 15 years of experience in engagement, family marketing, scaling infrastructure and audience culture across a product’s lifetime from pre-launch to millions of users.
Strategic Vision & Business Development:
• Articulated corporate integrated digital marketing strategies for 10 children’s entertainment properties across multiple digital channels
• Authored a comprehensive business plan for scalable online community infrastructure for internal and external partners and successfully participated in a thorough VC due diligence process
• Increased sales revenue by 20% while managing 6 million dollars of annual revenue in existing business services.
Production & Project Management:
• Developed multiple 2D & 3D multi-player virtual worlds, online games & apps based on repurposed/original assets
• Produced 12 animated 2-minute shorts for broadcast on television & developed animation production department workflows
• Launched multiple major website redesigns to include more fan interaction
• Led workflow & process optimization teams to improve operational effectiveness/productivity.
Audience Engagement & Research:
• Developed domestic and international audience research programs both on & offline for both parent and children audiences
• Grew multiple audiences from pre-launch to tens of millions by using organic, as well as established marketing tactics.
Team Management & Relationship Building:
• Designed team management & organizational structures for multiple Web Content and Web Marketing departments including international remote teams of staff in North & South America, Europe and Asia.
• Managed teams in multiple disciplines, including customer service, social media engagement, production, moderation, marketing, design, tech and content development.
• Extensive client, vendor and partner management experience in television, licensing, digital, e-commerce & customer service industries
I have spent the last 15 years working in all facets of the digital world, from development and production to more recently, leading international support, moderation, community and social teams. My initiatives have included work for Showtime, NFL, PBS Kids, The Wharton School, National Geographic Animal Jam, Moshi Monsters, Chuggington, Highlights for Children, and many others.
When I was the head of ModSquad’s professional services department, I provided blue chip brands with managed teams of mods to engage online audiences via moderation, customer service and social media. As an expert in digital engagement and a long-time champion for online privacy and safety, I also led the company’s consulting efforts around online chat and help desk toolset implementations.
I left to start consulting full-time again in 2015, so I could manage my teams at the high-quality thresholds I prefer. I have since been consulting for a variety of kids brands and nonprofits, helping them operationalize their organizations’ goals, adding monetization and implementation strategies where needed and generally helping startups with their audience goals. I recently incorporated and formed Good People Collective so that I could respond to my clients’ desire for me to manage their teams as my own staff.
You may spot me speaking at multiple conferences, including Digital Kids, Family Online Safety Institute (FOSI), KidScreen, Digital Hollywood, Engage Expo and YPulse Mashup. I began championing and implementing COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) compliance and monitored networks at both Kidfu, a safe online community for children that I co-founded, and FreeZone, one of the first safe online communities for children. I earned degrees in mathematics and women’s studies from Arizona State University and a master’s degree in social science from the University of Chicago.
I am pretty easy to locate on the internet, just search my unique name. 🙂