Podcast-wise, mostly. Thought I would share. 🙂
– Creativity’s top 5 podcast – Fantastic, short, succinct weekly digest of cool ad and media campaigns from around the world. Great inspiring stuff, consistently.
– Buzz Out Loud – been listening to for years and recently TRIED to stop. But I felt guilty for some reason and caught back up. Seriously, they are on episode 1021 and I think I tuned in around 250. Yikes.
– MMO Report – I lurv this podcast. Casey Schneider is hilarious and adorkable. Plus you learn MMO industry news and funny gamer insults. And where else would I learn about an in-game WOW tweet app.
– Sesame Street Podcast – Whatever. I work in kids media. It’s a short bit of one of my childhood babysitters. I don’t watch all the time, but I do watch. 😉
– X-Play’s Daily Video Podcast – Honestly I don’t watch all thetime, but I do tune in from time to time.
– CH Orginals – Not sure why I subscribed to this, but the consistently amusing short comedy clips have stayed on my queue for the past month.
– NPR: Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me – I love this Chicago public radio news quiz show. Saw them live twice this year. Yeah, I am that girl.
– Slate’s Political Gabfest – another that I have been listening to for about 3 years now. Always smart, funny and cool tidbits to keep me feeling on the smarter end of the citizen spectrum.
– This American Life – Sometimes heartbreaking, sometimes funny, almost always great. This is the stuff roadtrips are made of for me.
– The Moth Podcast – found this via This American Life, as they get a bunch of their stories form them. A NYC/LA and traveling spoken word outfit.
– You Look Nice Today – Merlin Mann, Scott Simpson and Adam Lisagor have a demi-deity status with me. Their brand of humor is my fav. They are not the most freuent podcasters, but I love them.
– Web Soup – Talk Soup format + MMO Report staff = awesome
– VHI Best Week Ever – They are on hiatus until next year or something, but I still love this video podcast.
I have half become one of those “Oh, I don’t have a tv” people. But, to my credit, it was because I thought I was leaving. Not because I think TV is bad. I love TV. It had a huge hand in my upbringing. 😀
So I just realized all the frantic activity I have done trying to make sure all the Kids Online unconference follow up has been updated, I forgot to mention any of it on my own blog. Oh the horror!
A handful of us went to the FOSI annual conference in DC last week. It was interesting to see what government and the executive level of the bigger communities are thinking about and concerned with (everyone’s hearts are in the right place). FOSI has a youtube page that they promised to upload the panels and Tanya Byron simulcast on (not there yet though) If anyone have notes form that conference, please let me know.
Then we had a conference call this week (notes are here) and made a calendar of Industry Conferences that many of us would be interested in knowing about or attending (let me know if you want to help maintain this or have any good adds). We decided that the main goals of the group should be:
- to aggregate our non-proprietary resources for managing online communities for kids,
- start thinking about what we as a group think best practices for running kids online spaces are
- become a catalyst and info resource to help parents/teachers and other people who work with kids about the concerns and goings-ons in the kids online space
I also wanted to get going on a weekly podcast. I think if everyone can send me the hot news and trends, etc that they think would make sense for those in the industry, I will aggregate and read weekly and then broadcast out.
Let me know if you want to help out with any or all of this. Also let me know if you are not on any of these lists and want me to add you