I was tagged a month ago by Doug Meacham at NextUp, but I am throwing in my “I’m a workaholic and took my first long vacation” card as my defense for the long reply time.
Here are the rules I must follow:
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own post about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Here we go (better late than never…). 8 random things about me:
- I am the oldest of 5 siblings and 20 cousins and we were raised very closely. The latter number I always have to count, even though there hasn’t been a recent addition in roughly 5 years.
- I went to 7 different schools, moved 5 times and grew up in 3 different states before graduating high school. Because of this and a breadcrumb from haphazard of genealogy research, I like to refer to myself as a gypsy.
- I prefer small dishes to large, i.e. tapas, buffets or appetizers rather than big meals.
- I love red wine and just spent 2 weeks exploring Northern Argentina learning about their unique regional wines, focusing on Malbec.
- I made it to my 2nd semester of my Junior (3rd) year of undergrad at Ariz State Univ as an undeclared major and still accidentally graduated in 4.5 years with a Bachelor of Arts in Math and Bachelor of Science in Women’s Studies. I chose all my classes until declaring a major by wandering the bookstore and signing up for classes with interesting textbooks.
- I adore pop, hip-hop and rap music as much as I do indie, classical and rock.
- I haven’t owned a car or land-line in 4 years, but I will never be without a TV.
- I revel in my math geek identity, although lately only materially – I love lists, graph paper and collect relics of math history (abacus, adding machines, slide riles, etc).
I tag Izzy, Bill, Chris, Melissa, Danah, Jake, Lee, and because he is my doppleganger that I know of but not at all, Joi.
technorati tags:linking, random
Blogged with Flock
4 thoughts on “8 random things tag”
Thanks for the tag, but you’re too late, I just did this in my blog last week: http://melissamaples.com/2007/08/07/get-to-know-your-blogger/
The answers are here: http://melissamaples.com/2007/08/14/eight-truths-and-a-lie/
Incidentally, I had to access your site through unblocked.org, because apparently the Turkish government has made a court decision to block access. When I tried to look at your blog I got redirected to an page that said “Access to this site has been suspended in accordance with decision no 2007/195 of T.C. Fatih 2.Civil Court of First Instance.”
T.C. means the Turkish Republic. The federal government.
Now, here’s the weird thing – when I got to your site through unblocked.org, it’s showing your favicon as the YouTube favicon. So that made me think that maybe YouTube had been blocked in Turkey again and for some reason my ISPs routing had confused your blog with YouTube.
BUT, but… I just visited YouTube, and it’s not blocked. So I’m baffled again, about everything.
I tried to check everyone to see if they were tagged yet, but alas, you fell thru the cracks…
That is strange my site was blocked tho. I wonder what triggered that as I don’t put anything I wouldn’t associate with my professional career here. Maybe I linked a Youtube video and that’s why it was blocked.
hmmmm. Thanks tho!
This is a cool idea. I wanna steal it!